Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Year Of The Pandemic

Have you ever stayed in your house alone for a long period of time? No seriously, what’s the longest you’ve stayed at home for? Whatever it used to be, I’m sure that record was recently broken thanks to our dear friend COVID19. No one really expected this pandemic to happen, but everyone is dang sure that it happened (actually, some people disagree with that simple fact somehow) and now we have to live with the repercussions of this crazy time. Our economy has taken several wide turns and keeps going from good to bad to worse to better. Honestly, I have no idea what’s going on at this point. I’m just some dude trying to make it through each day without getting COVID. Luckily for me, I am now completely vaccinated and can take on the day again. Before that, though, I found myself at home pretty much all the time. 



Pretty much everything I did, I did it at home for about 6 months. There might have been a point in time where I would have thought it would be great to just stay in my house for 6 months and chill out. Wel, I am here to tell you that it just leads you to a spiraling dark pit of depression. That is a bit of a joke, but I was definitely ready to be done with COVID lockdown. I had to work from home during that time, because my company did not want us coming into work.


I was grateful that I got to keep my job over COVID, because a lot of people ended up losing their jobs and not being able to afford things like groceries or their rent. What a scary time to find yourself out on the streets! While I was grateful to still have a job, working from home was not easy for me. I found it really hard to stay motivated and to do my work while I sit at home, because home has always been a place of leisure for me. Consequently, I wasn’t nearly as productive from home as I am in the office, but my boss and coworkers didn’t seem to notice too much. Maybe they were in the same boat that I was.



Other than work, I mostly just sat around at home during my free time as well. I mean, besides a walk outside here and there, where else did I have to go? Pretty much everything was closed. So what did I do with all my time sitting on the couch? Mostly Netflix and online shopping - these are not super healthy choices for hobbies, but hey, I did the best I could. Honestly I found that I was tired most of the time, so I didn’t feel like doing anything that required a lot of energy. By ordering stuff online, I could still get the stuff I needed that I would have gotten in stores if they weren’t all closed. I accumulated a mass of cardboard boxes and shipping supplies in my house because of all the stuff I was ordering on a regular basis. I mean, I had so much shipping supplies I had to buy another garbage can to be able to keep up with it! I am very thankful for COVID to be over and I can try to get back to my normal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Does Your Company Keep the Supplies?

Of all the jobs I’ve worked in, most seem to have scattered organization when it comes to essential items like shipping supplies or oth...